* 1 1/4 lbs. ground beef
* 1 15oz. can tomato sauce
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* Freshly ground black pepper
* 8 oz. gluten free noodles (Barilla makes great gluten free spiral noodles that work great with this recipe, but you can find gluten free brands of noodles in just about any store now)
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1 1/4 cups small curd cottage cheese
* Pinch red pepper flakes
* 1/2 cup sliced green onion
* 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
-Brown the ground beef in a large skillet and then drain the fat.
-Add the tomato sauce, 1/2 tsp salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper and stir.
-Let simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
-Cook the gluten free noodles according to the package and then drain and set aside.
-In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream and cottage cheese.
-Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
-Add this mixture to the noodles and stir, then add the green onions and stir.
Now you are going to assemble the casserole as follows:
-Add half of the noodles to a baking dish (9x13 or a deep square dish).
-Sprinkle on half the grated cheddar.
-Repeat with noodle, meat, and then a final layer of the cheese.
Bake until all the cheese is melted (about 20 minutes)
This one is definitely a family favorite!