Our Best Bites. I'm so impressed with their recipes and that most of them are naturally gluten free or can be modified easily! And they have a recipe for a dipping sauce too that is D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S. I'll post that below.
Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup green salsa (I believe most brands are gluten free but make sure to read the label)
- 1 tblsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 3 tblsp. cilantro
- 2 tblsp. sliced green onions
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (I use a rotisserie chicken [COSTCO and SAFEWAY's are gluten free])
1 cup grated pepperjack cheese (I have used plain monterey jack cheese too)
- small corn tortillas
- cooking spray (all but those with FLOUR--like baking sprays-- in them are fine)
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
2. Heat cream cheese in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds so it is soft and easy to stir. Add green salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and granulated garlic and stir until combined. Then add cilantro, green onions, chicken, and cheese and combine well.
3. Heat a few tortillas in the microwave at a time until they are soft enough to roll without breaking.
4. Place 2-3 tablespoons of chicken mixture on the lower third of the tortilla, keeping it about 1/2 inch from the edges.
5. Roll them as tight as you can and place them seam side down on the baking sheet. Line them up so they aren't touching. Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and bake for 15-20 minutes until they start to get brown.
If you go to their recipe link, they have step by step pics which are fun!
And here is their recipe for the most delicious dipping sauce to dip them in - Creamy Lime Cilantro Dressing
- 1 pack Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix (this is gluten free - not sure about other brands) (DO NOT prepare this according to package)
- 1 cup mayonaise (Hellmen's, Best Foods, most store brands are gluten free)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (or 1 fresh lime juiced)
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup green salsa
- hot sauce
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend it up! Add hot sauce to taste. It's best to make it several hours ahead of time to allow it to thicken in the fridge. But we have made it and used it right away too and it still tastes yummy!